Established in 2007, Biking.ie is Ireland’s leading cycling specialist, catering for individuals and groups, across all experience levels. Our mission is to ensure your group has a safe and truly memorable experience in the mountain bike mecca that is Ticknock.
5 Facts about Biking.ie
- Owned by Tarja Owens & Niall Davis who represented Ireland in Olympics & World Championships
- Award winning 5 star TripAdvisor experience
- Over 15 years experience with transition year groups
- Garda Vetted and approved providers by Coillte and Cycling Ireland
- We only use high specification Vitus bikes, all bikes are less than 1 year old.
A Typical Session
- Welcome introduction with complimentary tea/coffee for teachers
- Rental of high performance bikes
- Sizing and fitting of safety helmets
- Experienced fully qualified professional bike guide(s)
- Mechanical and first aid support
- Mountain bike activity
- Foundation of mountain biking
- Attack position
- Gearing and climbing
- The cone of movement
- Track stand
- Application of core skills on the trail
- Introduction to carrying speed over more technical sections of trail
- Slow speed control exercises to build confidence
- Riding with flow and control
Each outing is 2 hours long.
- Group Size 1-10 €350
- Group Size 11-20 €450
- Group Size 21-30 €550
Please select your group size and add your bike sizes in the cart.
The final number of participants must be agreed at the latest 3 days prior to the session taking place. For child protection reasons we require at least one teacher to accompany the group, please factor this into your numbers when booking. No refunds or group size adjustments can be made within 3 days before the activity, regardless of no shows on the day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any change requests at least 3 days in advance of your outing.
Location and Directions
Ticknock Mountain Bike Trail in Dublin - directions here.
All participants must complete the liability waiver and agree to our terms and conditions before participating. Please have these forms completed in advance of the session.
One of the main points in the terms and conditions relates to the care of the rental bikes. All bikes are presented in perfect working order at the start of the session and should return in the same condition. The school must pay to repair or replace any damaged parts. Please also read the recommended equipment list here.
Please note that all participants should have a basic level of fitness and be proficient cyclists, experienced with the operation of their bike. If your group has any special needs, please inform us before the mountain bike activity commences.
Biking.ie are the leading provider of mountain bike education and training in Ireland. Based on the experience acquired in delivering mountain bike specific educational courses for several years, competing at international level and given our internationally recognised qualifications, we are confident in delivering such programs to the highest possible standard.
For your peace of mind; all of our instructors are fully qualified in the Mountain Bike Leadership Award scheme, Garda vetted and have completed the Code of Ethics in Children's Sport. Over the years we have devised action packed games which develop cycling skills in a fun and inclusive way.