Ballinastoe in County Wicklow has over 16km of blue, red and black graded trails. Our mission is to ensure your group has a truly memorable experience in the mountain bike mecca that is Ballinastoe!
A Typical Session
- Duration is 2 hours
- Welcome introduction with complimentary tea/coffee for teachers
- Rental of high performance bikes
- Sizing and fitting of safety helmets
- Experienced fully qualified professional bike guide(s)
- Mechanical and first aid support
- Mountain bike activity
You will need a credit card to make a booking. If you don't have one, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll issue you a booking code, which will enable you to make the booking online but pay by bank transfer.
- Group Size 1-10 €450
- Group Size 11-20 €550
- Group Size 21-30 €650
If you need to change the number of people in your group, we will refund the difference in value once at least 3 days notice is given. Please email email@example.com with any change requests.
- Select your group size
- Add your bike sizes in the cart. Pick all the medium bikes and the remainder should be a split of small and large bikes.
- Make payment or enter booking code as above
- Send liability waivers by adding your guest's email address.
- Foundation of mountain biking
- Attack position
- Gearing and climbing
- The cone of movement
- Track stand
- Application of core skills on the trail
- Introduction to carrying speed over more technical sections of trail
- Slow speed control exercises to build confidence
- Riding with flow and control
Location and Directions
Ballinastoe Mountain Bike Trail in Wicklow - directions here.
All participants must complete the liability waiver and agree to our terms and conditions before participating. Please have these forms completed in advance of the session.
One of the main points in the terms and conditions relates to the care of the rental bikes. All bikes are presented in perfect working order at the start of the session and should return in the same condition. The school must pay to repair or replace any damaged parts. Please also read the recommended equipment list here.
Please note that all participants should have a basic level of fitness and be proficient cyclists, experienced with the operation of their bike. If your group has any special needs, please inform us before the mountain bike activity commences.
For child protection reasons we require at least one teacher to accompany the group, please factor this into your numbers when booking. No refunds or group size adjustments can be made within 3 days before the activity, regardless of no shows on the day.
- Owned by Tarja Owens & Niall Davis who represented Ireland in Olympics & World Championships
- Award winning 5 star TripAdvisor experience
- Over 15 years experience with transition year groups
- Garda Vetted and approved providers by Coillte and Cycling Ireland
- We only use high specification Vitus bikes, all bikes are less than 1 year old.
Biking.ie are the leading provider of mountain bike education and training in Ireland. Based on the experience acquired in delivering mountain bike specific educational courses for several years, competing at international level and given our internationally recognised qualifications, we are confident in delivering such programs to the highest possible standard.
For your peace of mind; all of our instructors are fully qualified in the Mountain Bike Leadership Award scheme, Garda vetted and have completed the Code of Ethics in Children's Sport. Over the years we have devised action packed games which develop cycling skills in a fun and inclusive way.