Our Mountain Bike Camps have an action packed program delivered over 2 days. Whether your child is an experienced mountain biker or just keen to try, they're sure to have a truly memorable experience in the mountain bike mecca that is Ticknock. During the camp we will cover all the important aspects of mountain biking in a fun and relaxed environment
Up Coming Camps
- Easter - 11/12 April, 18/19 April
- Summer - 4/5 July, 11/12 July, 18/19 July, 25/26 July, 8/9 August, 15/16 August, 22/23 August.
- If the camp does not appear on the calendar it is fully booked.
- Advanced level - 10.30am to 1pm
- Standard level - 1.30pm to 4pm
Please note that all participants should have a basic level of fitness and be proficient cyclists, experienced with the operation of their bike. All riders should complete a standard level camp before attending an advanced level camp. A standard camp should not be a child's first attempt at mountain biking.
- Bike set up including position of controls, tire pressure, seat height, plus more
- Bike maintenance including washing and lubrication
- Attack position
- Braking and gearing
- Technical trail riding
- Low and high speed cornering
- Track stand
- Switch back climbing and descending
- Front and rear wheel lift
- Plus lots more
- Price: €80
- Duration: each camp is 2 days
- Age Limit: 11-15 year olds
- Maximum student instructor ratio: 6-1
- Optional Bike Rental for the two days: €45 total
Please note that bike rental can be added in the CART. You must select your bike for both days of the camp. If your child has their own bike it must be in perfect working order and have disc brakes.
|Height (cm)||160 - 170||170 - 180||180 - 190|
|Height (ft)||5'2" - 5'6"||5'6" - 6'||6' - 6'4″|
Please make yourself aware of our Terms and Conditions before booking.
Biking.ie are the leading provider of mountain bike education and training in Ireland. Based on the experience acquired in delivering mountain bike specific educational courses for several years, competing at international level and given our internationally recognised qualifications, we are confident in delivering such programs to the highest possible standard.
For your peace of mind; all of our instructors are fully qualified in the Mountain Bike Leadership Award scheme, Garda vetted and have completed the Code of Ethics in Children's Sport. Over the years we have devised action packed games which develop cycling skills in a fun and inclusive way.