Private mountain bike lessons with Tarja Owens, Ireland's first mountain bike tutor, Olympian, World Cup racer, 20 times multi-disciplinary Irish National Champion and mother of two bike mad lunatics!
Whether you're a new comer to mountain biking, starting to catch the bug or more an experienced rider looking to develop their riding and sharpen their skills, you’ve come the right place. We share our tips and riding advice that we have accumulated over years of riding and racing bikes. We love taking people out and seeing them progress through.
Ray Duffin: ‘The only place to go for a mountain bike session... the guys are great, guiding or accompanied lesson highly recommended...’
Core Skills Development
- We build your foundation of mountain biking
- Dial in the importance of the attack position
- Gearing and climbing
- The cone of movement
- Track stand.
- Application of core skills on the trail
- Introduction to carrying speed over more technical sections of trail
- Slow speed control exercises, to build confidence slowing down to speed up, looking at a trail differently
- Looking at fast, technical and steeper trails
- Switchbacks, root sections, drops and line choice.
Ticknock Mountain Bike Trail. Meet at at the Biking.ie Hut.
Each Lesson is 2 hours long. Please arrive at 10.15 for a complementary coffee, the session will run from 10.30 to 12.30.
€90 per person
Pre booking essential, please select your date above.