We've put together an intensive '3 Day' Summer Mountain Bike Skills Camp for kids between 11 and 15 years old. There are two venues to choose from, Ballinastoe in County Wicklow or Ticknock in Dublin. Each location has over 14km of exciting purpose built mountain bike trails. Participants don't need to have a lot of mountain biking experience to join us, however they must be fully comfortable cycling. The aim of the camp is to develop your mountain biking skills and awareness in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
For your peace of mind; all of our instructors are fully qualified in the Mountain Bike Leadership Award scheme, Garda vetted and have completed the Code of Ethics in Children's Sport. Over the years we have devised action packed games which develop cycling skills in a fun and inclusive way.
- Bike set up including position of controls, tire pressure, seat height, plus more
- Bike maintenance including washing and lubrication
- Attack position
- Braking and gearing
- Technical trail riding
- Low and high speed cornering
- Track stand
- Switch back climbing and descending
- Front and rear wheel lift
- Plus lots more
- Duration: 3 days from 10am to 2pm
- Price: €120 per person with your own bike
- Bike Rental: €45 for the entire camp
- Age: 11-15 year olds
- Maximum student instructor ratio: 8-1
Camp 1 - 25th - 27th June - TICKNOCK
Camp 2 - 9th - 11th July - BALLINASTOE
Camp 3 - 23rd - 25th July - TICKNOCK
Camp 4 - 6th - 8th August - BALLINASTOE
Camp 5 - 20th - 22nd August - TICKNOCK
Please make yourself aware of our Terms and Conditions before booking.