If you are a novice cyclist who is looking for a fun and adventurous day out or an experienced road cyclist keen on riding for a couple of hours at a steady tempo, than we the right tour for you. Please note that we don't mix abilities. We have two options, a Leisure Tour (2 hours, 15km) or Experienced Tour (3 hours, 50km).
Our road cycling tour commences from Ballinastoe Woods at the foothills of the Wicklow Mountains. We welcome you with a complentary coffee and discuss and your customised bike route, taking into account weather conditions on the day. We then 'saddle up' and head off into the mountains for an adventure around the 'Garden of Ireland'. You will be guided with our full backup service through rolling mountainous surrounds, passing stunning panoramic scenery. Some of these places include the famous 'Guinness Lake' at Lough Tay and the Irish Sea. We tailor our tours to meet the need of the group to ensure everyone has a great day out.
We ride along quite twisty country roads and gentle off road paths, through rolling mountainous surrounds, where you have plenty of opportunity to stop and capture the stunning panoramic views around the Vartry Lakes and Reservoir.
- Start times are 10.00 or 13.00
- Prices vary from €35 to €100 per person
- Group discounts apply
- Duration and distance tailored to suits your ability.
Dates and Availability
Open daily all year round.
Transport to Ballinastoe
- If you don't have a car the best way to get to us is via the Glendalough Bus, your stop is "Ballinastoe Cross Roads".
- Depart: Dublin (Dawson Street) 11.30, arrive at Ballinastoe 12:30
- Return: Ballinastoe 16.50, arrive at Dublin 18.00
- Cost: €14 return (pay the driver)
- For parties over 7 people please contact the bus to confirm availability +353 (0)1 281 8119